Act&Sorb is the first company to have developed a sustainable and value-adding process for re-cycling MDF. Using a pyrolysis technology, MDF waste is converted into high value activated carbon that helps provide our planet with clean air, clean water and clean soil.
How we recycle MDF into high-value carbon
- Collection of production and end-of-life non-recyclable MDF waste
- Waste is optimised through grinding, sieving and mixing
- MDF waste is converted in a coal like substance called char
- During a second burning, the char is converted into activated carbon
- Carbon is given bespoke treatment in line with customer requirements
Why the process is sustainable
- Non-recyclable MDF waste has been successfully converted into valuable activated carbon
- Excess heat is re-used or converted into green energy
More ways in which we add value
Cutting costs for wood furniture producers and waste collectors - The current market price for disposing of MDF waste is up to €90 per ton. Act&Sorb will take the waste at lower costs, thereby offering a significant cost reduction of their waste stream.
Lowering the cost of making our planet cleaner - Our technology yields at least 33% more activated carbon from MDF waste than from fresh wood. This allows us to bring high-quality activated carbon to the market at a much lower cost.
Using waste to make the world cleaner and greener
Our ambitions go beyond turning MDF into a value-adding product. Our aim is to continue to find innovative and unique solutions for turning all non- or hard to recycle wood waste into high value raw materials and energy. In fact, our aim is to create a world where waste replaces fossil based materials.
Get more information
Do not hesitate to contact us!
Leave your contact details and we contact you at short notice.