Our ambitions go beyond turning wood residues into a value-adding product. Our aim is to continue to find innovative and unique solutions for turning all non or hard to recycle wood residuesinto high value raw materials and energy. In fact, our aim is to create a world where we can replace fossil based materials.
WHAT WE DO
Act&Sorb is the first company to have developed a sustainable and value-adding process for recycling wood residues such as MDF. Using a carbonization and activation technology, wood residue is converted into high value activated carbon. Activated carbon is an essential product to purify water and clean air. It is also used in the production of many food ingredients, medicines and numerous indispensable chemicals.
How we use wood residues into activated carbon
- We carefully select the type and source of non-recyclable wood
- Thereafter the selected wood is grinded and sieved according to our specifications leading to a number of separate wood precursors for the inventinc production process.
- Depending on the production run, a selection of these precursors is used.
- In the first production step, the wood is converted to char.
- Next the char is converted to activated carbon – so called FibreCarb (R) carbon – by steam activation.